☻ 30 August 2021 - 17 December 2021 ☻
Middle School/High School Program
RETURNING Beginner competitive
Our child will be competing for the academy and/or their school team and took classes over the summer with you or others that has introduced the basic concepts of competition to our child. The goal is to get students to actively compete in this activity during the year to build a passion for this activity in the long run. - GRADES 6-12
The hybrid program will have students learning online but practicing in person. We will have 1-2 hour in person sessions on Friday/Weekends alternating between the South Bay Locations (Aborn and Cupertino) and East Bay Locations (Fremont and Newark). We will send out a calendar of those so folks can make plans to attend. They should expect to meet at least 2x a month with us.
☻Daily guided lectures for their respective speech and debate events.
☻NSDA & CHSSA approved speech events will be offered and grouped into two tracks:
-Limited Prep (Impromptu/ National and International Exemp) and Public Address (OO/Info/OI)
-Impromptu and Interpretation (HI/DI)
☻Public Forum and Lincoln Douglas will be offered as debate formats to compete in during the year.
☻Will be presented a series of lectures on the debate format and structure of argumentation within the format.
- Students who have attended one or two semesters of our beginner competitive classes and understands the basics of both speech and debate (students who only know speech will be required to take the beginner program for new students to debate and speech).
- Students who are changing debate events will be required to take the new student set of classes.
- Students who were enrolled in our program last semester and did not finish last semester's participation requirements will need to repeat their program. Please email for recommendation if unsure.
- Students must be able to participate in eight competition/scrimmage in the events taught (four for speech, four for debate). Failure to do so means we ask you to join the educational class the following semester or you repeat the beginner course until you have met the pre-requisites.
- Students are required to take speech and debate for both semesters. There is no exception to this requirement.
$1695 for two classes per week
Discounts available, review the checkout page to see which ones you are eligible for.
Note: We will accept the first 12 students who enroll. We will wait list anyone after that until we find another instructor.
No class on Thanksgiving week